Learn 3 Effective And Quick Solutions To Stop WhatsApp Backup In Progress On iPhone!
Summary: Nowadays almost every iPhone user backup their WhatsApp data to iCloud so that their chats and media files will be safe from unexpected deletion. But sometimes users wanted to stop the WhatsApp backup that is going on due to low storage or another reason. If you also want to do it, but don’t know how then read this article. Here, I have discussed some effective and quick solutions on how to stop WhatsApp backup in progress on iPhone.
Solution 1: Stop WhatsApp Backup From iPhone Settings
You can stop WhatsApp backup in progress on iPhone from iPhone settings. It is very easy.
Here, follow the steps to stop WhatsApp backup in progress on iPhone from iPhone settings.
Step 1: On your iPhone, open the Settings app and then tap on your name at the top.
Step 2: Choose “iCloud” and then find “WhatsApp”.
Step 3: Now, toggle the switch to off position besides “WhatsApp”. Doing this will stop the automatic backup and disable WhatsApp from backing up to iCloud.
Also Read: How To Recover Deleted or Lost Photos From WhatsApp on iPhone
Solution 2: Stop WhatsApp Chat Backup In Progress On iPhone From iCloud
You can easily turn off the automatic WhastApp backup through WhatsApp.
Below, follow the steps to stop WhatsApp backup in iPhone.
Step 1: On your iPhone, you need to open WhatsApp and then open its “Settings”.
Step 2: After that, hit on “Chats” and then on “Chat Backup”.
Step 3: Next, you need to tap on “Auto Backup” and then tap “Off” and automatic backups to iCloud will be stopped.
Also Read: Transfer WhatsApp Messages From Android To iPhone Using Google Drive
Solution 3: Turn Off Network Connection
You can also turn off the network connection of your iPhone to stop automatic backups. But this method is not good as it may affect other features, functions, and applications of the iPhone.
You May Also Like:
- Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages Without Backup On iPhone
- WhatsApp Backup Stuck At 99 On iPhone? Here Is The Real Fix!
Related FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question 1: What To Do When Whatsapp Is Not Backing Up To iCloud?
Answer: If you are facing a problem in backing up WhatsApp to iCloud then follow the below steps to fix it.
- Check that iCloud Drive is enabled by going to Settings > hit on your name > iCloud and then verify iCloud Drive is enabled.
- Ensure you are logged in to your Apple ID that you are using to access iCloud.
- If you have enabled iCloud Drive on any other device using your Apple ID then update to the latest version to make a backup to iCloud.
- You can also disable and enable iCloud Drive. Open Settings then tap on your name and then on iCloud and disable and enable iCloud Drive.
- If you are using cellular data to create a WhatsApp backup to iCloud then turn on cellular data usage for iCloud.
- Ensure that your device has sufficient storage space on your iCloud account to create a backup. You should have at least 2.05 times the space available in your iCloud account than the real size of your WhatsApp backup.
- You can also create a manual backup. To do this, go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Back Up Now.
- Try to create a manual backup on a different network, especially the network that you use most to connect your device.
Also Read: How To Fix WhatsApp Keeps Crashing On iPhone/iPad
Question 2: I Can’t Complete Whatsapp Backup On iPhone. What Should I Do?
Answer: If you can’t complete the WhatsApp backup on your iPhone then you should do few things on your iPhone.
Check if the iCloud server is not down. You can check this on Apple System Status Page. If it is down then just wait and when it gets fixed by itself then complete the backup.
If you have already created a backup of WhatsApp earlier on iCloud then this can also cause a problem in completing your backup. To fix this, go to iCloud Settings > Storage > Backup and delete existing backups. After that, open WhatsApp and create a backup again.
So, in this tutorial, I have mentioned 3 possible solutions to stop WhatsApp backup in progress on iPhone. I hope these solutions have helped you and you were easily able to stop WhatsApp backup on iPhone.
Max Field is a founder of recoveriphone-data.com. He is an iOS lover and loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to iOS, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iTunes and iCloud.