Find Out Some Possible Solutions That Will Help You To Fix “iTunes Has Detected Incompatible Bluetooth Software On Your Computer And May Not Run Correctly” Error!
Overview: Are you encountering with the error message “iTunes has detected incompatible Bluetooth software on your computer and may not run correctly” when start up iTunes on your computer. If “Yes”, then this post will help you troubleshoot iTunes has detected incompatible Bluetooth software. Just go through the post and follow the solution one by one.
Most of the users using iDevice like iPhones, iPads or iPod touch, etc cannot live the day without iTunes. iTunes, if I say should have been operating system itself because of the usage and dependency computer users have on it. Unluckily, iTunes is not a stand-alone operating system and it runs via Windows or Macs.
Coming to the problems, many iTunes users have reported that they get following alert message when they run iTunes on their computer:
“iTunes has detected incompatible Bluetooth software on your computer and may not run correctly”.
For example, just have a look at real user’s practical scenario!
Practical Scenario: A User Get Error Message iTunes Detects Incompatible Bluetooth Software When Starting iTunes
I’m getting an error message when I start up iTunes on my Yoga 3 Pro-1370: “iTunes has detected incompatible Bluetooth software on your computer and may not run correctly”. Apple forum suggests removing bttray.exe (see: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208972?&cid=acs::fm-itunes_HT208972). Does anyone know if this will break anything? And if not, how should I go about removing it? Or should I just rename the iTunes plug in? I’m not particularly tech-savvy – in case you couldn’t tell. Haha. Any advice gratefully received.
Source: Lenovo Forums
That was just one example, but there could be many iTunes users out their facing this issue.
However, here we provide some working solution that appears to fix iTunes has detected incompatible Bluetooth software. Just go through them one-by-one and check whether your problem is solved or not.
Also Read: Learn To Fix iTunes Error 4005 or iPhone 4005 Error Code
Solution 1: Run iTunes In Compatibility Mode
A compatibility mode is a software mechanism in which a software either emulates an older version of software, or mimics another operating system in order to allow older or incompatible software or files to remain compatible with the computer’s newer hardware or software.
Compatibility mode gives you the options to configure administrator privileges for running software properly. If you have not logged into your computer as an administrator, then you will not get this option.
Below follow the steps to run iTunes in compatibility mode:
- Press Windows + R key to open RUN dialog box.
- In the RUN dialogue box, type C:\Program Files\iTunes and click OK.
- Find iTunes.exe (right-click on it) and select Properties.
- On the new Window, go to Compatibility Tab and put a check on “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Click Apply/OK to save the changes.
Now run iTunes and see if problem has been solved or not. If not, then follow the next solution.
Also Read: Solved: iCloud Backup Greyed Out On iPhone (iOS 12 Supported)
Solution 2: Disable Bluetooth Tray Application (BTTRAY)
Bluetooth Tray (BTTRAY) is a Bluetooth application devices. Unfortunately, for some reasons, this application seems to conflict with iTunes on Windows PC.
Below follow the steps to disable Bluetooth Tray (BTTRAY):
- Press “Windows + X” button.
- Select “Task Manager” and click on “More Details”, then go to Processes Tab.
- Find and select BTTray.exe and then click on “End Task”.
- Now go back to Task Manager and go to “Startup Tab” from the top.
- Find and select BTTray.exe and then click on “Disable”.
Now, check if your problem is solved or not. In case, if disabling the BTTRAY application does not solve your problem, then uninstall the Bluetooth driver which explained in the next solution.
Also Read: iPhone Bluetooth Not Discovering Devices? Here How To Fix It!
Solution 3: Uninstall Bluetooth Driver And Let Windows To Boot Basic Driver
You can also uninstall Bluetooth driver, may be this can fix the issue of iTunes has detected incompatible Bluetooth software.
Below follow the steps to uninstall Bluetooth driver:
- Open Device Manager by clicking Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security then click on System and then click on Device Manager.
- Now expand the Bluetooth panel and locate your Bluetooth device and right click on it.
- Go to Driver Tab and click on Uninstall driver.
- Now, reboot your computer and Windows will try to boot the basic driver.
Now, run iTunes and see if the issue has been resolved or not. If not then remove the Bluetooth Tray Application (BTTRAY) which is mentioned in next solution.
You May Also Like:
- 9 Solutions To Fix iPhone X Keep Restarting Itself
- [Fixed]: iPhone XS (Max), XR, X Stuck In Recovery Mode
- [Solved]: iPhone XS (Max)/XR/X/8 Stuck On FaceTime Ending
- [Fixed] iPhone Stuck At ‘Attempting Data Recovery’ On iOS 11/10
Solution 4: Remove Bluetooth Tray (BTTRAY) Application
Let me tell you that some of the Bluetooth software is not compatible with iTunes on Windows. Hence, if your PC has older Bluetooth software, then you may encounter with error message “iTunes has detected incompatible Bluetooth software on your computer and may not run correctly” while you run iTunes.
Therefore, it is suggested that you must remove the conflicting software, if you don’t then iTunes will not startup or run correctly.
Below follow the below steps to remove conflicting Bluetooth software (BTTRAY):
- First of all Download Autoruns for Windows from Microsoft.
- Locate “Autoruns.zip” on your PC and open the compressed folder.
- Drag the “Autoruns.exe” to your desktop after reviewing the content and license.
- Open “Autoruns.exe” and click on Logon tab.
- Choose “Hide Microsoft Entries” from the Options
- In the Image Path column, find “bttray.exe”.
- Now, if “bttray.exe” software exists, then it is suggested that you must contact the manufacturer of your Bluetooth accessory to know if the software required for your computer. If not, then get the help with removing it.
- If “bttray.exe” is required from the same path as “bttray.exe”, then look for “BtITunesPlugin.exe” and rename it to “Old_BtITunesPlugin.exe”.
Now run iTunes and you can see that there no more error message.
So guys those are the four solutions that you can follow to troubleshoot ‘iTunes has detected incompatible Bluetooth software on your computer and may not run correctly’ alert message on your computer.
As said, you can follow the solution one-by-one and see your problem is solved or not. I hope any one of the above-mentioned solutions would have helped you to fix the error message.
Max Field is a founder of recoveriphone-data.com. He is an iOS lover and loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to iOS, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iTunes and iCloud.