Learn 7 Easy Solutions To Fix Fingerprint (Touch ID) Not Working On iPhone After iOS Update!
Overview: Every user update their iPhone to get the latest version, new features, improved performance, and more, but after updating sometimes our touch ID did not work and we feel panic about it. If you are the one who is going through this case, then don’t worry! Here you will learn the effective solutions to fix touch ID not working on iPhone after iOS update.
- Solution 1: Make Sure There Is No Moisture or Dust On iPhone Screen Or On Your Finger
- Solution 2: Turn Off Touch ID & Turn ON It Back Again
- Solution 3: Force Restart Your iPhone To Get Rid of Fingerprint Not Working Problem
- Solution 4: Erase and Again Add Your Touch ID (Fingerprint) on iPhone
- Solution 5: Restore Your iPhone With iTunes To Fix Touch ID Not Working After iOS Update
- Solution 6: Factory Reset iPhone To Fix Touch ID Not Working
- Solution 7: Use iOS Unlock To Fix Fingerprint Not Working On iPhone After iOS Update
With the help of iOS Unlock Tool, one can:
- Remove four types of iPhone lock which are 4 digit passcode, 6 digit passcode, Touch ID and Face ID.
- Also, unlock your iPhone from Apple ID without a passcode or iCloud account password.
- Help you to get back you from a disabled, locked, or broken iPhone without any password.
- It works in a few minutes and in a few clicks.
Free Download Trial Version/Buy Now iPhone Screen Unlocker Tool
Let’s imagine a practical scenario!
Practical Scenario: Fingerprint (Touch ID) Not Working On iPhone 6S Plus After iOS 15 Update
I updated my Ios to 15. i found out that my fingerprint sensor is not working. Anyone else with this issue?
Just like the above example, there are many users whose iPhone Touch ID/Fingerprint is not working.
So, now the question arises – How to solve iPhone fingerprint not working after iOS 15 update?
Below follow the mentioned solutions to fix this issue.
Note: The solutions mentioned-below is applicable for all iPhone such as iPhone 13/12/11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, XS (Max), XR, X, 8/8 Plus, 7/7 Plus, 6s/6s Plus, 6/6 Plus, SE, 5/5c/5s, 4s/4.
Also Read: How To Recover Deleted Or Lost Data After iOS Update
Solution 1: Make Sure There Is No Moisture or Dust On iPhone Screen Or On Your Finger
Sometimes when your finger or iPhone’s home button is not clean then your Touch ID will not work properly.
So, make sure that your finger and iPhone home button should not be wet, dust, having oiliness substance before you use your fingerprint to unlock your iPhone. Hence, you should clean your finger and also your iPhone home button with a dry cloth to solve the Touch ID not working issue.
Solution 2: Turn Off Touch ID & Turn ON It Back Again
You also have the option to reboot and disable your fingerprint to solve this issue.
Follow the below steps:
- Open “Setting” on your iPhone and tap on “Touch ID and Passcode”. Here you have to enter your passcode.
- Then turn off “iPhone Unlock” and “Apps and iTunes Store” by toggling the switch to the OFF position.
- Then push the “Home” button and you will be back to your home screen.
- Now you have to do the same as the first step i.e. “Settings”> “Touch ID & Passcode”> enter the passcode. Next, restart your device, press altogether “Sleep/Wake” and “Home” button.
- Now you have to turn on everything which you have turned off in the second step.
- Tap on “Add a Fingerprint” and now you have to give a new fingerprint.
Also Read: Solved: Photos Lost, Missing or Disappeared After iOS Update
Solution 3: Force Restart Your iPhone To Get Rid of Fingerprint Not Working Problem
There could be many problems solved by simply force restarting your iPhone. Therefore force restarts your iPhone to solve the Touch ID not working problem.
Below follow the steps to force restart your iPhone:
- iPhone X/XR/XS Max/XS/8/8 Plus: Quickly press Volume Up button and release again press Volume Down button and release, then hold the side button and Home button together till your iPhone reboots and Apple Logo appear.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the Volume Down button & Power button together till you receive the Apple Logo on your iPhone Screen.
- iPhone 6/6s Plus/6s/5: Altogether press and hold the Power & Home button till your iPhone screen show the Apple Logo.
Solution 4: Erase and Again Add Your Touch ID (Fingerprint) on iPhone
You can delete the old Touch ID (fingerprint) and add the new fingerprint. It will take just 2 minutes and easily solve the Touch ID not working issue. Follow the below step:
Steps for deleting a fingerprint on iPhone:
- First tap on “Settings” then scroll down and choose “Touch ID and Passcode”.
- Type the passcode.
- Now delete the old fingerprint by tapping on them and taping on “Delete Fingerprint”. Follow this pattern till all the fingerprints are deleted.
Steps for adding a new fingerprint on iPhone:
- Go to “Settings”> “Touch ID & Passcode”> Enter passcode.
- Then tap on “Add a Fingerprint”.
- Lightly push the “Home” button from the finger that you wish to keep as a fingerprint scanner. Just hold it until it vibrates and keep holding the “Home” button varying the angle each time.
Note: Don’t press home button tightly, touch slightly on home button so that it scans your finger in detail. You also have the option to add 5 fingerprints. If you want your family, partner, close friend, etc. to unlock your device, so you can scan their fingerprint also.
Also Read: iPhone Overheating After iOS Update? Here What To Do!
Solution 5: Restore Your iPhone With iTunes To Fix Touch ID Not Working After iOS Update
If you restore your iPhone with iTunes then it will remove the fingerprint/touch ID and get back into iPhone without asking any fingerprint. But, all the settings and contents will get erased from your iPhone.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to restore iPhone with iTunes:
- Open your iTunes on your computer and connect iPhone to your computer by using a USB cable. Make sure that you have synced your iPhone to this computer in the past.
- Wait till the iTunes sync and make a backup of your iPhone.
- When the backup is completed, click on “Restore iPhone”.
- Once you reach the Set-Up screen, now select to restore your iPhone data from iTunes.
- Select your iPhone in iTunes and then choose a recent backup to restore your iPhone.
Note: But this method is available only when your iPhone is synced with iTunes before. During the process, if it asks to enter the password then you should try other solutions.
Solution 6: Factory Reset iPhone To Fix Touch ID Not Working
You can factory reset your iPhone to troubleshoot the issue of Touch ID not working after iOS update. But this method will erase all your iPhone’s data.
Follow the below steps to factory reset your iPhone:
- On your iPhone, go to Setting>General>
- Tap on “Erase All Contents & Settings” and then tap on “Erase iPhone”.
- Now your resetting process will start working and after some time your iPhone will restart freshly.
Note: Factory reset erases all your data and contents so if you do not have a backup in iTunes or iCloud of your iPhone and you wish to recover lost data then you can try iOS Data Recovery Tool to get back the lost data very easily in just a few clicks.
You May Also Like:
- [Fixed] iPhone Stuck At ‘Attempting Data Recovery’
- Solved: iCloud Backup Greyed Out On iPhone
- How To Fix “iTunes Is Downloading The Software For This iPhone” Stuck Issue
- iPhone Disabled After Entering Wrong Passcode? Here How To Fix!
Solution 7: Use iOS Unlock To Fix Fingerprint Not Working On iPhone After iOS Update [100% Successful]
If all the above-provided solutions do not solve the unresponsive Touch ID issue then you are recommended to try iOS Unlock Tool to easily unlock the iPhone screen that is locked by fingerprint. This iPhone Screen Unlocker tool saves your time and works effectively to unlock your iPhone that is locked by your fingerprint.
The best part about this iOS Unlock software is that remove the iPhone screen lock without any data loss and it is available for both “Windows” and “Mac” computer.
This iOS Unlock tool is famous worldwide and widely used by many users to fix Touch ID (fingerprint) not working after iOS update. The Touch ID issue has become a common problem but those users who have used this tool, find iPhone Unlocker tool the best and most appropriate.
Below follow the step by step tutorial on how to remove fingerprint/touch ID lock and get rid of fingerprint not working issue after iOS update by the use of iOS Unlock software.
Here Follow The Complete – Steps To Fix Touch ID (Fingerprint) Not Working After iOS Update
I hope you have learned the various solutions to solve the problem of fingerprint not working on iPhone that is mentioned above in this post.
However, the best way to fix Touch ID/Fingerprint not working on iPhone after iOS update is by using the famous iOS Unlock Tool (iPhone Unlocker Tool).
Max Field is a founder of recoveriphone-data.com. He is an iOS lover and loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to iOS, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iTunes and iCloud.